I spent a few hours in the college darkroom today, making just two prints from my holga negatives. I am trying to get better at it, so I took my time.
I used a medium format colour enlarger, starting off with no filters creating a very flat muddy print:
I then applied a magenta filter creating a better contrast and longer exposure, making this:
I was also able to burn in the holga vignetting and dodge some of the shadows like below:
Having the filters built into the enlarger takes some getting use to, but it is useful to create better prints on varrible contrast paper.
I’m still working on getting the paper straight and framing but the sloppyness seems to look good for images from a holga. Practice, practice, practice.